Speaking candidly with my resume clients is the only way I’ve ever been. Here are some of the most important facts I tell them when they query about to break through the software screening programs:
- your resume is never static; be prepared to customize it for every opportunity
- apply keywords used in the ad or posting to help trigger the software
- ensure your resume is lean; remove excess content to create an approachable document
- apply directly on the company’s website whenever possible
- ensure your resume is current on the job search sites (ie: Indeed, Monster, etc.)
This article from Monster is a quality reminder of some of these key points ….and a few more.